Identify

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Identify

Postby Pastor on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Identify

January is kind of like Genesis .. new beginnings. as I have meditated upon which message to bring today, the second Sunday in January I got this ..the most important thing I ever did was get saved the second most important thing I ever did was to be filled with the Holy Spirit the third most important thing I ever did was to find out who I REALLY AM in Christ .. I cannot over emphasize how important this is .. today we are going to examine very carefully who I am and who you are in Christ :D
Let’s start with this:
You know how the politically crazy are IDENTIFYING as something that they are not? Like the 50 year old man who IDENTIFIES as a 6 year old girl .. or the people who are going around SELF IDENTIFYING as a person of another race? Well, they have CO-OPTED a GREAT TERM which WE CHRISTIANS should have been using .. I IDENTIFY as WHO JESUS SAID I AM, NOT WHO I USED TO THINK OF MYSELF ..
The DIFFERENCE is, THEY are thinking of themselves as something that they are TRULY NOT whereas the Bible tells us to think of ourselves as WHO WE TRULY ARE according to what the Word of God says …

I heard that on the application for Harvard University allowed people to choose from 12 different genders, so looked at the current application form for Harvard University. NOW, instead of GENDER like NORMAL folks (you know MALE or FEMALE – which is the biological truth), is says GENDER IDENTITY .. NOW you can identify yourself on your college application as:
Queer Gay Lesbian Bisexual Pan Trans Questioning Genderqueer Non-binary With More Definitions To Come

Let me read it to you:
The Harvard College Office of BGLTQ Student Life provides support, resources, and leadership development for bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, queer, and questioning students. Through collaboration with students, staff, and faculty across the College, the Office creates opportunities for fellowship, community building, and thoughtful dialogue. We seek to foster a safer, more inclusive campus by educating and engaging the Harvard community about the multiplicity of sexual and gender identities. Ours is a sexually-diverse and gender-diverse community.
DID YOU KNOW?
Out@Harvard is a directory of BGLTQ faculty and staff across the University who wish to make themselves available to support queer undergraduates at the College. We’ll be expanding this resource throughout the year, so be sure to check back periodically to explore new profiles!

OK, so IDENTIFYING as something you are NOT is LUNACY. IDENTIFYING with who the BIBLE says you are is TRUTH and WISDOM.

So what do I mean by who I REALLY am in CHRIST:

Have you heard well meaning Christians say this? “I am just an old sinner, saved by grace.”

WRONG, the TRUTH IS you WERE an old sinner, you DID get saved by grace, NOW, you are the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in CHRIST!

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, and see, the new has[d] come! (LISTEN: The things you did BEFORE you were born again are GONE, man .. I know some of you have been bothered recently by demonic forces REMINDING you and ACCUSING you. FIGHT BACK .. USE THIS VERSE AS A SWORD! OLD thing have passed away and ALL THINGS have become NEW) 18 Everything is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.19 That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and he has committed the message of reconciliation to us.
AMPC 19 19 It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).
20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf: “Be reconciled to God.” 21 He made the one who did not know sin to be sin[e] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

So YOU NEED to IDENTIFY with the TRUTH, not how you FEEL or what you have HEARD. You have been MADE the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in CHRIST. C’mon SAY IT .. “I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST (Again)

Somebody please run and get my one of those bluish bookmarks from the info desk in the lobby .. We are SAINTS who sin . . .

There was a GREAT song by David Ingles call. “I Am The Righteousness Of God In Christ” sometimes a SONG helps you to memorize scriptures .. it goes like this:

I am the righteousness of God in Christ A brand new creation in Him
I can now approach the presence of Go With no condemnation of sin
I am the righteousness of God in Christ I am now complete in Him
I'm a partaker of His divine nature On me He will not impute sin

I have been crucified with Christ Crucified and buried with Him
We are one with Him in righteousness After we became one in sin
He became as we were That we might be as He is now
He became one with us in death We became one in life with Him
I'm confessing

He died to make us live To make us righteous He was made sin
He became weak to make us strong Suffered shame to give us glory
He went to hell to take us to Heaven Was condemned to justify us
He was made sick to make us well Was cast out from the presence of God
To make us welcome there

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 Cor 8:9 CSB
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ: Though he was rich, for your sake he became poor, so that by his poverty you might become rich.

ANDREW WOMMAK
What do you need the Lord to do for you? Do you need the Lord to heal you? How about prosperity? Could you use more money? The truth is, you don’t need the Lord to do anything for you. He’s already done His part. You’ve already got it, whatever “it” is.
This may sound crazy to some of you. You might be thinking, But I’ve got a doctor’s report to prove I don’t have healing or You haven’t seen my bank account. But regardless of what the natural facts are, the truth is that God has already given you whatever you need.
Second Peter 1:3 says,
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.
The only thing we are lacking is knowledge.
Most Christians believe that God can do anything, but many of them don’t believe He has done very much. They live in a constant state of trying to get God to do something. They are begging God to move through revival, healing, prosperity, etc. They run from meeting to meeting, trying to get something from God. But they’ve already got it.
The Bible says,
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.
Ephesians 1:3
This says He “hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings,” meaning it’s already done. You already have all spiritual blessings. So, asking God or waiting on Him to bless you is counterproductive. And yet the average Christian starts from that position. If they’re sick in their bodies, instead of starting from “by His stripes, I was healed” (1 Pet. 2:24) or “I have the same power that raised Jesus from the dead living in me” (Eph. 1:19-20), they’ll take the doctor’s report or the pain in their bodies and say, “I’m sick. God, will You heal me?” They start moving toward victory instead of coming from victory!

One time, I was praying for healing for my son, who was very little at the time. I wasn’t seeing him healed, so asked God, “What’s wrong?”The Lord spoke to me, “You’re fighting to get your son healed instead of fighting because he is healed.” You might say, “I don’t see the difference.” There’s a huge difference! The Lord told me that instead of defending my son’s healing and just releasing what Jesus already provided, I was trying to get Him to do something.

If you didn’t understand this, then I can guarantee you, this is one of the main reasons you aren’t receiving from God. You need to get a revelation of this. Jesus has already provided everything you will ever need. You’re blessed with all spiritual blessings—all of them!

Philemon 6 is another verse that explains this truth. Paul was praying “that the communication of thy faith may become effectual”—that means that your faith would begin to work—“by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.” You see, every good thing is in you in Christ! You’ve already got it! And He said He would never leave you nor forsake you (Heb. 13:5). So, instead of praying “Lord, just be with me this week, if it be Your will, for Jesus’ sake” or “O God, where are You? God, could You just love me? I don’t feel the love of God,” pray, “Thank You, Father, that You’ll never leave me, that You’re always here. Thank You for Your goodness.” You just start acknowledging the good things that the Word says are in you, and then your faith begins to be effective. You’ll start seeing these things manifest in your life. That is so much easier than begging and pleading with God to come!
. . .
Will you put faith in what Jesus has done? That’s the issue.
God has already forgiven you. He’s already healed you. He’s already commanded His blessing upon you and your finances. He’s already given you love, joy, and peace. You don’t need God to respond to you; you need to learn to respond to God! It’s easier to defend something you already have than to go get something you don’t have.
That is so powerful, but this is where so many Christians are missing it. They know that God can do all of these things, but they don’t think He’s done anything yet. They start from a position of unbelief. They are crossways with the Word of God. In regards to healing, the proper way to do it is to take Proverbs 18:21—“Death and life are in the power of the tongue”—and begin to release this power over sickness and disease: “I speak death to this sickness. I curse it and command it to leave. God, I speak the life that You’ve already put on the inside of me. I release it to flow through my body.” This is how you start cooperating with God.
We need to begin to believe that things have happened that we can’t see, taste, hear, smell, or feel. We can believe that there are television and radio signals in the atmosphere, even though we can’t see them. We know that all we have to do is take a television set, turn it on, tune it in, and we’ll see that those signals were there the whole time. But we need to begin to apply this to spiritual things. We can’t limit this concept to just our physical realm.
There is more going on than just what you can perceive with your five senses. There is more than just your soulish, emotional realm. There is a spirit on the inside of you, and there is a spiritual realm, where God has already done His part. If you don’t relate to it properly, you’re going to be hit and miss in the Christian life, which has led to so much weirdness in the body of Christ. You need to live from the standpoint that God has already done it. He’s provided everything you need. It’s not a matter of trying to get God to move in your life; it’s a matter of you moving over into agreement with Him and receiving what He has already provided.

We need to identify with THAT .. we need to SPEAK OUT and APPROPRIATE what Jesus has ALREADY GIVEN US !!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some more EXCELLENT truths to identify with:

1 John 4:15-19 NKJV
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; BECAUSE AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him[b] because He first loved us.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
https://joycemeyer.org/everydayanswers/ ... -in-christ

Knowing Who I Am in Christ
- by Joyce Meyer

Not sure who you really are? Read this list of Biblical truths that reveal who God made you to be.

I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).

I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).

I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).

I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).

I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).

I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).

I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17-18).

I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me (Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:17-19).

I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9-10).

I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).

I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).

I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).

I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).

I am God’s child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).

I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).

I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I am a spirit being alive to God (Romans 6:11; Thessalonians 5:23).

I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (2 Corinthians 4:4).

I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22,25).

I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).

I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).

I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).

I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4).

I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).

I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).

I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I am not my own (1 Corinthians 6:19).

I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).

I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).

I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and long suffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).

I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).

I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).

I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).

I am called of God to be the voice of His praise (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).

I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).

I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12).

I am greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).

I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).

I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).

I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward (Philippians 3:14).

For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes