Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Getting The Nests Out Of Your Head - Part 1

Postby Pastor on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:30 am

Getting The Nests Out Of Your Head - Part 1

THERE ARE NESTS IN YOUR HEAD …
THERE ARE NESTS IN YOUR HEAD …

Things that you were taught as a kid ..
Things you THOUGHT as a kid ..
Platitudes .. sayings … “You know, like the Bible says .. Cleanliness is next to Godliness.”
… or … “God helps those who help themselves … “
WRONG .. sounds good, but NOT in the Bible

Those are all NESTS .. STRONGHOLDS that you HAVE TO get out of your head in order to live a STRONG, SUCCESSFUL, PEACEFUL spiritual Christian life . . .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
3 For although we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh, 4 since the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments 5 and every proud thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rom 12:1-2 (NIV)
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-- this is your spiritual act of worship.
2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-- his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Rom 12:1-2 (NAS)
1 I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, {which is} your spiritual service of worship.
2 And do not be CONFORMED (see GREEK definition below) to this world, but be TRANSFORMED (see GREEK definition below) by the RENEWING (see GREEK definition below) of your mind, that you may prove (same GREEK work translated discern) what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

4964 CONFORMED suschematizo (soos-khay-mat-id'-zo);
from 4862 and a derivative of 4976; to fashion alike, i.e. conform to the same pattern (figuratively):
KJV-- conform to, fashionself according to.
3339 TRANSFORMED metamorphoo (met-am-or-fo'-o);
from 3326 and 3445; to transform (literally or figuratively, "metamorphose"):
KJV-- change, transfigure, transform.
342 RENEWING anakainosis (an-ak-ah'-ee-no-sis);
from 341; renovation:
KJV-- renewing.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

OK .. Here is a BIG one …

The NEST in your head says, “God won’t forgive me of ……..”

YES HE WILL … HE SAYS SO !!!!

Let’s look at this:

FIRST of all, we all tend to CATEGORIZE sin .. I have had this conversation HUNDREDS of times with people whom I respect their knowledge of the scriptures and almost 100% of the time they cam to the same conclusion that I did .. sin is sin.

We categorize each sin by the amount of EFFECT and by how is makes us FEEL, but let’s look at the Bible:

Hebrews 12:1 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

And therefore we also having so great a cloud of witnesses over our head, laying aside every weight and sin which surrounds us, let us run by patience . . .

Hebrews 12:1 ESV
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

SO, HOW DO I RENOVATE MY MIND???

Col 3:10 (NIV)
10 and have put on the new self, which is being RENEWED IN KNOWLEDGE in the image of its Creator.

How do you "Renew your mind"?
As you gain knowledge of the TRUTH …. REPLACE your old thoughts on the matter .. DIG OUT the nest .. REPLACE IT with what GOD says on the matter!!
Learn ALL YOU CAN about God & the Bible !!! Coming here today you are seeking to renew your mind .. reading your Bible and commentaries .. listening to good Bible teachers, going to conferences, etc.

Thoughts are governed by OBSERVATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS and TEACHINGS . . . So you are going to have to OBSERVE (study yourself), ASSOCIATE (ponder and meditate on the truth of the Bible) and hear TEACHINGS (there is so much GOOD teaching available on the internet). If you don’t know where to start, EMAIL me and I will send you links !!!

Ps 119:9-11 (NIV) GREAT VERSE
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By LIVING ACCORDING TO YOUR WORD.
10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Man says, “You deserve to hate him/her after what they did to you” - the SPIRIT says, “LOVE YOUR ENEMIES”:

Matt 5:43-48 (NIV)
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 BUT I TELL YOU: LOVE YOUR ENEMIES and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect (complete, full grown), therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Man says, “By golly, if he hits you, hit him back (you have a RIGHT to hit him back)” - the SPIRIT says, “IF SOMEONE STRIKES YOU ON THE RIGHT CHEEK, TURN TO HIM THE OTHER ALSO”:

Matt 5:38-39 (NIV)
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'
39 But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. IF SOMEONE STRIKES YOU ON THE RIGHT CHEEK, TURN TO HIM THE OTHER ALSO.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Know that the Kingdom of God is VERY DIFFERENT than the kingdoms of the world (very often they are opposites):
RENOVATE YOUR MIND CONCERNING HOW TO BE GREAT/IMPORTANT:

The world says be a King .. the Bible says be a SERVANT ..

The TRUE measure of a man – the world says a man is measured by “Athletic Ability, Sexual Prowess, and Financial Status" – Jesus said a REAL man is measured by his capacity to serve – THINK of the GREAT men and women of generations past – the men who GAVE themselves for their country or a GREAT cause or GAVE themselves to their families and communities: Abraham Lincoln, Mother Theresa, Jesus :D

Luke 22:27(NIV)
27 For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Proverbs OVER & OVER points out the Kingdom of opposites:

“Toot your own horn” the world says ..

Prov 27:2 NIV
2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;
someone else, and not your own lips.
- - - - - - - - - -

WHEN YOU DISCOVER A TRUTH IN GOD’S WORD, RENOVATE YOUR MIND . . . CHANGE THE WAY IN WHICH YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THAT SUBJECT TO THE WAY GOD THINKS ABOUT THAT SUBJECT AND START TO ACT THAT WAY . . . THEN YOU WILL SEE AND UNDERSTAND GOD’S WILL MORE AND MORE ! ! :)

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes