The Need To Evangelize

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

The Need To Evangelize

Postby Pastor on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 am

The Need To Evangelize

Mark 16:15 (NIVUK)
15 He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
The Way to evangelize...
Let me TEACH you today some BIBLE ways that YOU can use to EVANGELIZE:

There’s no way around it. Hearing the gospel is an important first step in accepting it. Paul communicates this clearly in his letter to the Romans: “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ” (Romans 10:17, New International Version). Eventually you need to share the reason for the hope we have (1 Peter 3:15).

Change or direct the conversation..
Jesus did it …
John 3:1-18 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”
. . .
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

I do it …

I came across a helpful website from jesusfilm.org about changing the conversation to the GOSPEL and some ways to do it :D
1. Death
I know it seems horrifying, but death is something we all have in common. And really, is there a better topic of conversation that reveals the beauty of the gospel?
“What do you think would be the best/worst way to die?”
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had interesting and funny conversations with friends that started this way. It can be a fairly lighthearted conversation that lends itself well to this follow-up:
“What do you think happens after you die?”
Remember that you’re not getting into this conversation to argue with anyone about their views; you’re looking for an opportunity to share your faith. With these two simple questions, you’ve created a setting to do just that.
2. Religion
People are pretty open to discussing religion, and it can be a great lead-in to “the talk.” But it’s not for the faint of heart. In order to use the topic of religion as a jumping off point to discussing faith, you’re likely to end up hearing some very frank things about religion and Christians. This discussion isn’t your best bet if you’re prone to defensiveness or get offended easily.
1. “Overall, do you think religion makes society better off or worse off?”
This transitions well into a discussion about how YOUR FAITH IS IN THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST, and not in a religious movement. Sometimes it’s helpful to make that distinction for people.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Roads and modes
Luke 14:16-24
16 Then He said to him, “A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, 17 and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, ‘Come, for all things are now ready.’ 18 But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’ 19 And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.’ 20 Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’ 21 So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.’ 22 And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.’ 23 Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.’”
G3598 ὁδός hodos
hod-os'
Apparently a primary word; a road; figuratively a mode
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Other ways YOU can spread the Gospel:
You can preach..
You can financially SUPPORT those who preach ..
Why preaching? Lets see what God says about it:
Romans 10:8-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”[e] (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”[f] 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”[g]
(Keep Going) 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And HOW SHALL THEY HEAR WITHOUT A PREACHER? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,[h]
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”[i]
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?”[j] 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And then there is what I call “Friendship evangelization”..
There is an old expression, “Don’t tell me what you know until you have showed me how much you care.”
Its basically loving people .. then they can see that you are different and can ask what you have :D
Our community service program has been VERY successful in that way .. loving people, helping people, sharing the Gospel with people . .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Next, did you knkow that your TESTIMONY has GREAT evangelistic power?
Tell people what your life was like BEFORE Jesus, tell them how you CAME to Jesus, then tell them how your life has been AFTER you came to Jesus !!
Revelation 12:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Finally, Paul wrote to Timothy and said make full proof of your ministry .. do the work of an evangelist..

2 Tim 4:5 KJV
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

My daughter Carrie recently told me that God had been laying on her heart the REALITY of Hell and Repentance, so I will soon get from her what God is giving her, but I will do my best today
. Hell Jude..
Jude
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
What is the Gospel?
Final Scripture:
1 Corinthians 15New King James Version (NKJV)
The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes