The Spoken Word

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

The Spoken Word

Postby Pastor on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm

The Spoken Word

I was having a hard time formulating into words what I had on my heart, so when I was reading E.W. Kenyon’s book, “New Creation Realities” and it said what I was thinking, I decided to read a little bit of it to you :D

E.W. Kenyon said:
The Word is God present with us speaking the Living Message of the Living Father God. It is the NOW Word from Him to me. It is His voice. It becomes a living thing in the heart of Faith. In Rom. 10:8 it is called the "Word of Faith." It is His Word that gives birth to faith in the believer. It is God's faith expressed. You see, He is a Faith God and He always uses words to do things. Heb. 11 :3 "By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the Word of God."

During the first century, the Christian Church did not have our New Testament. The first epistle that Paul wrote to the Thessalonians was the beginning of the New Testament. It was written seventeen years after his conversion. I Thess. 2:13, "Wherefore I also give continual thanks to God, because, when you heard from me the Spoken Word of God, you received it not as the word of man, but, as it is in truth, the Word of God; who Himself works effectually in you that believe." (Conybeare). Notice, it was "the Spoken Word." That was all they had, whether Paul gave it, or Peter, or John, or any of the Apostles. It was God speaking through human lips. It had not yet been put into writing. Now you can better understand Acts 19:20 telling of that great revival at Ephesus. Luke used this expression : "So mightily grew the Word of the Lord and prevailed." It was the Spoken Word.

Mark 16:19-20: "So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed."
Notice that the Lord worked with them. I believe that a revival would break out almost anywhere if the Lord worked with those who preach, and if the Word was as real to them as the Spoken Word was real to the Early Church. But the word of man has gained the ascendancy and has more authority than His Word has today. He confirms the Word today everywhere that it is preached. I want you to notice how the Father makes the Word good in the lives of men and women as they dare to act upon it. In the closing sentence of the Gospel of Matthew, "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age," the believer can be sure that though he be forsaken by all others, there is One who will stand by him. But the thing that has most deeply impressed my heart is the Reality of God in the Word. He is not only in the Word, but He breathes His very life through it as it is unfolded. He said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." He is in the midst of them in the Word. Jesus said, "If ye love me, the Father and I will cone and make our home with you" (John 14:23), If we could only realize that when we open the Word, it is a Living Thing we are implanting in the hearts of men

Now let’s look at the scriptures :D

John 1 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

1 In the beginning was the Word, (G3056 λόγος logos

From G3004; something said) and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 All things were created through him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created. 4 In him was life,[a] and that life was the light of men. 5 That light shines in the darkness, and yet the darkness did not overcome[b] it.
6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify about the light, so that all might believe through him.[c] 8 He was not the light, but he came to testify about the light. 9 The true light that gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.[d]
10 He was in the world, and the world was created through him, and yet the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, he gave them the right to be[e] children of God, to those who believe in his name,13 who were born, not of natural descent,[f] or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man,[g] but of God.
14 The Word became flesh and dwelt[h] among us. We observed his glory,the glory as the one and only Son[i] from the Father, full of grace and truth.

This is why Cheryl’s spontaneous testimony last week was so important. She discovered that SPEAKING THE WORD OUT LOUD about who she is in Christ had a MUCH GREATER impact on her life that just READING the words! :D

In Betty Maltzs’ testimony book, “My Glimpse Of Heaven”, she said that what healed her and raised her from the dead were words .. she saw words coming to her that said, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”

Words of life …………………….
John 6:68
Simon Peter answered, “Lord, to whom will we go? You have the words of eternal life.
…AND…
John 6:63 NKJV
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

When YOU speak, your words carry something :D

That’s one of the reasons that I love Bible Quizzing so much .. the Word of God is SPOKEN and SPOKEN and SPOKEN .. it helps them to memorize it .. AND … the REAL benefit is that the Word gets in their HEARTS !!!

I find that SPEAKING the Word of God OUT LOUD causes it to go in my ears and into my heart.

THE WORD FOR TODAY IS THIS:

SPEAK THE WORD OF GOD OUT LOUD EVERY DAY AND BELIEVE IT :D

The words of God spoken on the lips of a Believer are living.._ they are alive. The words of Romans 10:9-10 were spoken here at church and they were alive and Jack Tubbs heard them, he believed, and life went into him.

The centurion said, “Speak the word only and my servant will be healed.” That's true, how did he know that?

The reason we feel so good after a teaching on Wednesday night or Sunday morning, is that we have been given living words that have gone down into our spirit and we have been fed.

Let me finish with this:
_ sending a video camera across the ocean over to Israel and back in time to 9 o’clock in the morning on the day of Pentecost, … what's that? … we've lost the video feed already, the audio isn't coming either … but by some miracle we have the “closed captioning” coming in and here's Peter’s words. (These are the words of God spoken by the lips of Peter).

Acts Chapter 2:14-41 CSB

Peter’s Sermon
14 Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them: “Fellow Jews and all you residents of Jerusalem, let me explain this to you and pay attention to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it’s only nine in the morning.[c] 16 On the contrary, this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel:
17 And it will be in the last days, says God,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all people;
then your sons and your daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.
18 I will even pour out my Spirit
on my servants in those days, both men and women
and they will prophesy.
19 I will display wonders in the heaven above
and signs on the earth below:
blood and fire and a cloud of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21 Then everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.[d]
22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to these words: This Jesus of Nazareth was a man attested to you by God with miracles, wonders, and signs that God did among you through him, just as you yourselves know. 23 Though he was delivered up according to God’s determined plan and foreknowledge, you used[e] lawless people to nail him to a cross and kill him. 24 God raised him up, ending the pains of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by death. 25 For David says of him:
I saw the Lord ever before me;
because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart is glad
and my tongue rejoices.
Moreover, my flesh will rest in hope,
27 because you will not abandon me in Hades
or allow your holy one to see decay.
28 You have revealed the paths of life to me;
you will fill me with gladness
in your presence.[f]
29 “Brothers and sisters, I can confidently speak to you about the patriarch David: He is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Since he was a prophet, he knew that God had sworn an oath to him to seat one of his descendants[g] on his throne. 31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke concerning the resurrection of the Messiah: He[h]was not abandoned in Hades, and his flesh did not experience decay.[i]
32 “God has raised this Jesus; we are all witnesses of this. 33 Therefore, since he has been exalted to the right hand of God and has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit, he has poured out what you both see and hear. 34 For it was not David who ascended into the heavens, but he himself says:
The Lord declared to my Lord,
‘Sit at my right hand
35 until I make your enemies your footstool.’[j]
36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know with certainty that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
Call to Repentance
37 When they heard this, they were pierced to the heart and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles: “Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” 40 With many other words he testified and strongly urged them, saying, “Be saved from this corrupt[k] generation!” 41 So those who accepted his message were baptized, and that day about three thousand people were added to them.

Job 23:12 ASV "I have not gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have treasured up the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."

So, finally, Romans 1:16
Romans 1:16 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel,[a] because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek.
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes