All Lies All The Time

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

All Lies All The Time

Postby Pastor on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm

All Lies All The Time

You’ve heard the expression, “All News All The Time”, right?
Well, I have news for you, when it comes to Satan and his cohorts, it’s “All Lies All The Time”
Joyce Meyer said something 3 or 4 weeks ago that just SPOKE to me …
She said Satan lies ALL THE TIME .. he is INCAPABLE of telling the truth. When you have a thought that says, you can’t .. YOU CAN. When he tells you NOBODY CARES .. realize that God cares SO MUCH for you that He sent Jesus .. When he says YOU DON’T MATTER .. the TRUTH is, you are the APPLE OF GOD’S EYE :D

I have been being attacked in the night when I first wake from sleep .. around 6 AM. Negative thoughts have been attacking constantly about many things in my life .. I have found THIS MESSAGE to be a LIFELINE!!

BASICALLY, when you hear negative, REJOICE because the opposite is true!!

Satan and his forces ONLY lie .. the ONLY thing they do is lie .. want proof?
As Steve pointed out in Sunday School last week, the FIRST thing Satan did was LIE to mankind:
Genesis 3 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Temptation and Fall of Man
3 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”
4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “YOU WILL NOT SURELY DIE. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it waspleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

Let’s go though these slowly, so we don’t miss anything:

John 10:10
NIVUK
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
OJB
The ganav does not come except in order that he may steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have Chayyim (Life) and that they may have it more abundantly.
He NEVER tells the truth . . .

In the Bible, Satan is called, “The Father of lies” .. THINK about that!!
The voices, the thoughts always say, “You’re nothing, you’re not worth anything”, but the TRUTH is that you are the “Apple of His eye” .. turn with me to:
ZECHARIAH 2:8

CSB (Christian Standard Bible)
For the Lord of Armies says this: “In pursuit of his glory, he sent me against the nations plundering you, for whoever touches you touches the apple (pupil) of my eye.

Psalm 17:6-9 New King James Version (NKJV)
A Prayer of David.
6 I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech.
7 Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,
O You who save those who trust in You
From those who rise up against them.
8 Keep me as the APPLE OF YOUR EYE;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
9 From the wicked who oppress me,
From my deadly enemies who surround me.
This is IMPORTANT – Satan has built on your past and tells you -- - - - You Can’t - - -
Satan has gleaned from your past and tells you –
- - - Its Not For You - - -
Satan saw in your past that you were told that you’ll never amount to anything – so he beats you up with it today – IT’S A LIE .. THEY’RE ALL LIES .. KNOW that God says you can do ALL things through Christ Who strengthens you ,, and .. ALL THINGS (how many things?) ALL THIS ARE POSSIBLE to him who believes!! :D :D :D
Now, along the same lines, I want to speak to husbands:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

An EXCELLENT article this week in the Charisma Magazine Facepook Page: Doug Weiss, Ph.D. “I remember one day, probably over 10 years ago, I was driving home from work. All of a sudden, a stream of thoughts of what my wife wasn't came into my mind. The list seemed intense, long and really let me feel hopeless that I would ever be truly happy. Then I realized that these were not my thoughts or feelings toward my precious bride. Then more importantly I realized that they were not even true.
As a Christian counselor, I have heard men repeat similar experiences. The devil talks to them about their wife's weight, clothes, bedroom life, cooking, cleaning, lack of appreciation for who he is or all the work he does for her, he can never make her happy, and the list goes on and on. THIS IS THE DEVIL AND COMPANY TALKING ABOUT YOUR WIFE. Remember Revelation 12:10, the devil is the accuser of the brethren? I think we know "brethren" includes all Christians, especially our godly, beautiful wives.
The devil is cruel, the truth is most of us don't deserve the wife we have. We are fallen creatures who sin and really, it's a miracle that our wives love us.
The devil doesn't stop. If you keep listening, you'll start hearing the voice of entitlement start creeping in. You know you're entitled to happiness, you're entitled to a happy woman in your life, a cleaner house, more adoration, more bedroom, smarter and one who makes more money. You know the drill: This part of the conversation is really tricky. The devil is trying to discourage you from rejoicing in the inheritance you have been graciously given by God the Father, His daughter, your wife.
Now here's where you come into the picture. If you give your ears to this garbage too long, it can seep into your heart. You begin to look at your wife through the devil's eyes. You begin to be more frustrated with her, irritable, spending less time with her, ignoring her needs or requests, speaking harshly to her, being more demanding about the housecleaning, weight or sex.
Stop. You're thinking, I don't want this in my future, I love my wife and kids. I don't want to send cursing down my generational lines. I want to be a blessing to my future generations. So what do we do?
Anytime—and I mean anytime—an accusation comes to you about your wife, aggressively attack it. You can memorize a few Scriptures like Philippians 4:8 (thinking good things) or 2 Corinthians 10:5 (bring all thought captive to Christ Jesus) or 1 Corinthians 13 is a good one about true love.
These thoughts and accusations are your enemy. Don't coddle them; they are toxic and they are lies MEANT to separate you!
There are some practical things I do to win this battle. I have a memorized list of five great characteristics about my wife: 1. She is absolutely gorgeous, 2. She will never be unfaithful, 3. The best sex of my life has only been with her, 4. She is the greatest mom, 5. She is the total of God's inheritance for me as a lifetime partner.
I know these cold. If the devil attacks my wife, I can quote these characteristics back to him.
This leads me to the next thing I do. I start praising God for my wife. I break out is spontaneous gratitude toward God for my wife. "Thank you that you made Lisa, just for me, thank you for her eyes, her character, her beauty, her intelligence, endurance of me, great sex and so on.
This really upsets the devil! Thwarts his plans and actually makes you feel closer to your wife when you get home. Also, if you are regularly praying with your wife, sharing your heart (feelings), praising her and keeping your word, she is probably going to look better to you every day.
Go win today! ”

Chris Tomlin
18 hrs •
You have been created for a great life. A life that tells the story of our amazing God! (SO DON’T BELIEVE THE LIES)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
What did Jesus do when Satan temped Him??
--- He spoke the Word of God to him and Satan left Him ---
(By the way that is part of the DIRE IMPORTANCE that you KNOW God’s Word .. Satan even used some of God’s Word out of context to tempt Jesus, but Jesus spoke the Word of God straight!!)

Finally, if you remember about 3 years ago, I brought you a message from God called, “The Kingdom Of Opposites”
These principles apply:

Matt 5:43-48 NIV
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'(Lie) 44 But I tell you: (Truth) Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The lie: Hoard – The Truth: Give
Prov 11:25 NKJV
25 The generous soul will be made rich,
And he who waters will also be watered himself.

Prov 11:24-25 AMP
24 There are those who [generously] scatter abroad, and yet increase more; there are those who withhold more than is fitting or what is justly due, but it results only in want.
25 The liberal person shall be enriched, and he who waters shall himself be watered. [2 Cor 9:6-10.]

The lie: Hold a Grudge - The Truth: Forgive

Mark 11:25-26 NKJV
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Mark 11:22-24 NKJV
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

As you hear the negative attack (God won't come through this time, just KNOW the OPPOSITE is true (PRAISE GOD - God WILL come through just like He ALWAYS does !!)

The POP CULTURE of this world consistently be beautiful, be cool, look GOOD . . .

The Bible emphasizes the OPPOSITE:
1 Peter 3:3-4 AMP
3 Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes;
4 But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which [is not anxious or wrought up, but] is very precious in the sight of God.

ALMOST EVERY TIME your “flesh” wants to do something it is AGAINST the Will/Word of God. WHY?
The world of the spirit is OPPOSITE the world of the flesh:

1 Cor 2:14 (NIV)
14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Rom 8:5-8 (NIV)
5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;
7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.
8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

The REST of this message will be arranged in the style of the book of Proverbs - the WAY of the flesh contrasted by the TRUE WAY of the Spirit:
- - - - - - - - - - - -
MAN says, “Fight and “claw your way to the top” - the SPIRIT says, “CONSIDER OTHERS BETTER THAN YOURSELVES”:

Phil 2:3 (NIV)
3 Do NOTHING out of SELFISH AMBITION or vain conceit, but in humility CONSIDER OTHERS BETTER THAN YOURSELVES.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The KINGDOM of GOD is ALMOST ALWAYS OPPOSITE of the lies you hear in your mind, sometimes from well meaning friends, sometimes from TV or Movies .. the kingdom of Satan (or the flesh) !
- - - - - - - - - - - -
MAN says, “Get all you can” - the SPIRIT says, “GIVE, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU”:

Luke 6:38 (NIV)
38 GIVE, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Man says, “You deserve to hate him/her after what they did to you” - the SPIRIT says, “LOVE YOUR ENEMIES”:

Matt 5:43-48 (NIV)
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 BUT I TELL YOU: LOVE YOUR ENEMIES and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect (complete, full grown), therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Man says, “You are in charge of your own destiny - a self made man” - the SPIRIT says, “YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN, YOU WERE BOUGHT AT A PRICE:

1 Cor 6:19-20 (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN;
20 YOU WERE BOUGHT AT A PRICE. Therefore honor God with your body.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Man says, “By golly, if he hits you, hit him back (you have a RIGHT to hit him back)” - the SPIRIT says, “IF SOMEONE STRIKES YOU ON THE RIGHT CHEEK, TURN TO HIM THE OTHER ALSO”:

Matt 5:38-39 (NIV)
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'
39 But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. IF SOMEONE STRIKES YOU ON THE RIGHT CHEEK, TURN TO HIM THE OTHER ALSO.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Proverbs OVER & OVER points out the Kingdom of opposites:

“Toot your own horn” the world says ..

Prov 27:2 NIV
2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;
someone else, and not your own lips.
- - - - - - - - - -
The world says be a King .. the Bible says SERVE

The TRUE measure of a man – the world says a man is measured by “Athletic Ability, Sexual Prowess, and Financial Status – Jesus said a REAL man is measured by his capacity to serve – THINK of the GREAT men and women of generations past – the men who GAVE themselves for their country or a GREAT cause or GAVE themselves to their families and communities:

Luke 22:24-27 NASU
24 And there arose also a dispute among them as to which one of them was regarded to be greatest.
25 And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who have authority over them are called "Benefactors.'
26 "But it is not this way with you, but the one who is the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like the servant.
27 "For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves.

----------------------------------
ONE MORE – VERY IMPORTANT PRINCIPAL it’s the Kingdom of Opposites:

When you attacked with doubts, KNOW that the opposite is true ..

THE NEXT TIME you “react in the flesh”, STOP YOURSELF and ask, “HOW CAN I ACT OPPOSITE” - MOST of the time, you will be choosing GOD’S way !
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes