Nothing Just Happens

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Nothing Just Happens

Postby Pastor on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Nothing Just Happens

If you were here in June of 2012, I brought a message with this title .. I have learned a thing or two MORE about the subject .. WANNA HEAR?

There have been so many coincidences over the years that I have come to realize these were not coincidences at all, but Divine Appointments.

Let me remind you of a revelation I received from God about “coincidences” …
Now, let’s establish a base line .. 4 scriptures .. they will come in at the end of the sermon .. I would like you to turn to them:

Hab 2:4 KJV
4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH.

Rom 1:16-17 NIVUK
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[e] just as it is written: ‘THE RIGHTEOUS WILL LIVE BY FAITH.’[f]

Gal 3:10-14 NIVUK
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.’[e] 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because ‘THE RIGHTEOUS WILL LIVE BY FAITH.’[f] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, ‘The person who does these things will live by them.’[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.’[h] 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Heb 10:35-38 NKJV
35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
37 “For yet a little while,
And He[j] who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 NOW THE[K] JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”[l]

NOTHING JUST HAPPENS

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There have been so many coincidences over the years that I have come to realize these were not coincidences at all, but Divine Appointments.

Ps 37:23-25 NKJV

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.

I loved football. I played for Central Jr. High in my 7thy and 8th grade years. I LOVED being on defense .. I was a bigger guy for my age and I LOVED grabbing that little running back as he squirted through the line and throwing him to the ground  During the course of my second season, however, my knees started to hurt a lot ..

Ruth 2:1-5 NKJV
2:1 Ruth Meets Boaz
There was a relative of Naomi's husband, a man of great wealth, of the family of Elimelech. His name was Boaz. 2 So Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, "Please let me go to the field, and glean heads of grain after him in whose sight I may find favor."
And she said to her, "Go, my daughter."
3 Then she left, and went and gleaned in the field after the reapers. And SHE HAPPENED TO COME TO THE PART OF THE FIELD BELONGING TO BOAZ, who was of the family of Elimelech.
4 Now behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said to the reapers,"The LORD be with you!"
And they answered him, "The LORD bless you!"
5 Then Boaz said to his servant who was in charge of the reapers, "Whose young woman is this?"

Notice verse 3: . . . SHE HAPPENED TO COME TO THE PART OF THE FIELD BELONGING TO BOAZ, who was of the family of Elimelech.

She just HAPPENED upon the field that belonged to Boaz.
She just STUMBLED upon the field that belonged to Boaz.
It seemed like it just occurred.
It seemed like it was by accident.
It was BEYOND human control.

NOTHING JUST HAPPENS.

THE BOOK OF RUTH IS A GREAT LOVE STORY.

You should read it (not in the King James .. something that is a little easier to read). It’s a short book and its better that a romance novel !

It shows you that God can use YOU, or your Mother in law or any other human relationship in a significant way to help bring the kingdom of God to our daily lives.

It shows Boaz as a man willing to take a chance on an outsider and bring her and her family in. THEY end up being married and God uses them to become an ANCESTOR to David and eventually CHRIST !

NOTHING JUST HAPPENS.

Patty Matthews and Linda JUST HAPPENED to both work at Lifetime Fitness a few years back. They just HAPPENED to become friends .. Patty just HAPPENED to invite Linda to come to her church “Heart of the Hills” (or “Heart” as we call it). Linda HAPPENED to say yes .. Linda HAPPENED to like it a joined in and HAPPENED to become faithful in the Singers and volunteering to clean the church and serve at church functions .. after I lost my wife of 27 years, I HAPPENED to be on a cruise ship when God HAPPENED to speak to me about her and put a LOVE for her in my heart (I was NOT going to date again, and God KNEW it) .. I just HAPPENED to invite her out for coffee .. she just HAPPENED to accept .. I just HAPPENED to ask if she was seeing anyone .. she just HAPPENED to say, “Oh yeah, they’re lined up out the door, can’t you see them? TAKE A NUMBER.” .. I just HAPPENED to find that delightful .. then she just HAPPENED to realize what I was asking her so she just HAPPENED to say, “But you’re my Pastor” .. I just HAPPENED to say, “I’m a man first” and that just HAPPENED to be our first date 

NOTHING JUST HAPPENS.

JOSHUA AND ROCKS FROM THE SKY . . .

Josh 10:7-15 NAS
7 So Joshua went up from Gilgal, he and all the people of war with him and all the valiant warriors. 8 And the LORD said to Joshua, "Do not fear them, for I have given them into your hands; not one of them shall stand before you." 9 So Joshua came upon them suddenly by marching all night from Gilgal. 10 And the LORD confounded them before Israel, and He slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and pursued them by the way of the ascent of Beth-horon, and struck them as far as Azekah and Makkedah. 11 And it came about as they fled from before Israel, while they were at the descent of Beth-horon, that the LORD threw large stones from heaven on them as far as Azekah, and they died; there were more who died from the (hail of) stones than those whom the sons of Israel killed with the sword.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Morgan – it just HAPPENED that Morgan came up to me before church on a Sunday morning and said, “Can I give my heart to Jesus today?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What does this all MEAN? Romans 8:28 . . .
New International Version (©1984)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
New Living Translation (©2007)
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You know, the funny thing is, this happens to me MORE and MORE and I was wondering why?

I found out !! Want me to tell you how to position yourself to have these things happen in your life MORE ??

Rom 8: 28, 27, 26 (read them in reverse order) KJV
28 AND we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
The AND means it connects to the verse before:
27 AND he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Another AND ..
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

So, I have found that by praying MORE in the Spirit, I have seen MORE of these “coincidences” ..

…and…
Live by faith

NOW, recall the 4 verses from the top of the sermon that told you to do what?? The JUST shall live by FAITH
(Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11, and Heb 10:38)

LAST scripture on the subject:
Hebrews 4 New King James Version (NKJV)

4:1-3a NKJV
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,[a] not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.3 For we who have believed do enter that rest,

Mix faith .. you have to BELIEVE that your steps are being ordered by God .. you should BELIEVE and SPEAK that .. “My steps are ordered by God .. I am being LED by the Holy Spirit :D”

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Finally, for everyone who might be watching around the world, I have GOOD NEWS:

John 3:17 & John 5:24
John 3:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

And MY personal favourite verse on salvation lately …
John 5:24 New English Translation (NET Bible)
24 “I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life.
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes