Get It

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Get It

Postby Pastor on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 am

Get It

2 Cor 5:20
ESV
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

AMPC
So we are Christ’s ambassadors, God making His appeal as it were through us. We [as Christ’s personal representatives] beg you for His sake to lay hold of the divine favor [now offered you] and be reconciled to God.

TLB
We are Christ’s ambassadors. God is using us to speak to you: we beg you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, receive the love he offers you—be reconciled to God.

My version .. God made a way for you to have everything .. GET IT !! God wants the VEY BEST for you and He sent His VERY BEST so that you would have a GREAT life AND ETERNAL LIFE .. GET IT .. Get the concept, then Get this life that God offers :D

This is MORE than life or death subject .. this is ETERNAL life or death and I DESPERATELY want everyone who hears me to CHOOSE ETERNAL LIFE .. (by the way, Father God does too!!)
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Page 2 .. I did a sermon almost 20 years ago called, “CREATION VS EVOLUTION.” I have been reminded lately what an important subject that is. You have been lied to when you were taught that man evolved.

Before I present my case, I need to tell you why it is important.
It is EXTREMELY important because if you just lazily accept the idea that you evolved from lesser forms over millions of years, then you won’t explore our wonderful God who offers you eternal life through Jesus because you believe you evolved and were not lovingly created.

Let’s look at a scripture that speaks to this:

Romans 1:18-20 NIV
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

TLB 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

The earth is obviously the result of a master plan .. where there’s a plan there’s a planner ..
If there’s a design, there is a designer .. if there is a thought, there is a thinker

Saying the earth with its delicate balances is an accident is like finding a Rolex watch out on the sidewalk when you leave the church today..
The gold casing blew in here from South Africa on a strong wind ..and the glass cover rolled all the way down from Pittsburg into the parking lot .. and the diamonds mined themselves .. and the steel spring came from US Steel and rolled down the highway into our parking lot and they all SPONTANEOUSLY leapt together and they keep perfect time and it tells the date.
It is SERIOUS business that our society and professors adhere to evolution like a RELIGION, and that religion keeps people from believing and seeking God and receiving eternal life:

This quote that I am going to read you is AMAZING!!
It exposes modern science's Anti-God Bias:

Dr. George Wald Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard and a Nobel Prize winner in Biology in 1971:
"There are only two possible explanations as to how life arose: Spontaneous generation arising to evolution OR a supernatural creative act of God … there is no other possibility. Spontaneous generation was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others, but that just leaves us with only one other possibility … that life came as a supernatural act of creation by God, but I can't accept that philosophy because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation leading to evolution"

From Charles Colson’s “BREAKPOINT”:
Broadly speaking, a religion is anything that
functions as a person's ultimate belief or worldview-
anything that answers the basic questions of life:
Where did we come from? What are we here for? How
do we know what's right and wrong?

For many people today, Darwinian evolution answers
those fundamental questions. Where did we come from?
From chance collisions of atoms, Darwinism says.
Why are we here? There is no purpose to life, Darwinism
says-no reason for existence. We are cosmic accidents.
How do we know right and wrong? We DON'T know any
objective moral law: Morality is merely an idea
that appears in the human mind when it has evolved
to a certain stage. Hence people make up
their own ideas of right and wrong.

Cornell biologist William Provine sums up the implications
of Darwinism in simple bullet points: It means "No life
after death; no ultimate foundation for ethics; no
ultimate meaning for life . . .”

This is why the issue of Darwinism versus cosmic design
Has become such a fierce battleground in America today.
The debate is not just about fossils or genetic
mutations. Our theory of origins determines our
identity, our values, our sense of meaning.
Its called the “Theory of Evolution” because scientific method could never prove it.
People, this is serious .. you need to Get It .. God is real, He created the universe because He LOVE you and wants you to become His child.
Page 3 .. MYTH: We are all God’s children. (Which assumes that all men will have eternal lives with God).
Biologically, we all descend from God’s originally created family, but Jesus had something different to say about who people’s spiritual fathers are:

In John chapter 8, after the beautiful account of Jesus forgiving the woman caught in adultery and telling her to leave her life of sin, the Pharisees began to fight with Jesus .. here is His response:
John 8:31-47 NIVUK
31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’
33 They answered him, ‘We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?’
34 Jesus replied, ‘Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it for ever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.[b]’
39 ‘Abraham is our father,’ they answered.
‘If you were Abraham’s children,’ said Jesus, ‘then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.’
‘We are not illegitimate children,’ they protested. ‘The only Father we have is God himself.’
42 Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.’
So, you see, even though physically all people are descendents of God’s creation, its those that believe and receive Jesus who are the children of God .. two more proof texts:

John 1:10-13 NIVUK
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognise him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God – 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
1 John 3:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God![a] Therefore the world does not know us,[b] because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

ALL OF GOD’S CHILDREN ARE THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIM AND HAVE RECEIVED JESUS WHOM HE HAS SENT :D
All this is actually GOOD NEWS to new, because as you hear about all of this, YOU TOO can believe and receive Jesus, after all (one of my favorite verses in the Bible)
John 3:17New King James Version (NKJV)
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Please GET IT so you can have a wonderful life and have a wonderful eternal life :D

Page 4 .. Now to you Christians who have NOT YET gone deep into the love of God and the truth of His Word .. Get It!!

Here is an example:
Recently, there was a challenge put out to read a chapter of Proverbs a day .. did you do it? If you did, you took in mass quantities of God’s wisdom that will GREATLY benefit you and make your life better!! :D (You can still do it and KEEP doing it monthly, even reading different versions of the Bible each month).

I want all of you Christians to GET IT that when we encourage you to LOVE GOD MORE and LOVE HIS WORD MORE by reading and studying it, it is for YOUR BENEFIT. Who wouldn’t take more money or a better job? The Word will bring you EVEN BETTER profits PLUS Righteousness, Peace, and Joy :D

Study God’s Word? Get after it .. you will be SO glad you did :D
Last page, Page 5 .. Life is not a movie .. life is not a game .. it is a serious choice and God offers you a WONDERFUL LIFE!

This next passage it NOT a parable that Jesus told .. this really happened. Every time Jesus told a parable, He said, The Kingdom of God is like this, or the Kingdom of Heaven is like that.
THIS TIME Jesus said, “There was a certain man ..”
Luke 16:19-31 NKJV
19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell[d] from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’
27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

Life is real .. God’s love is real .. your choice to believe MEANS something ..
Salvation Prayer
HEAVENLY Father .. I BELIEVE YOU SENT JESUS TO DIE ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS .. I BELIEVE HE WAS BURIED AND RAISED FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SALVATION .. Jesus, I OPEN THE DOOR OF MY LIFE AND RECEIVE YOU AS MY SAVIOR AND LORD. I TRUST YOU NOW TO FORGIVE MY SINS AND GIVE ME ETERNAL LIFE. PLEASE MAKE ME THE KIND OF PERSON YOU WANT ME TO BE.
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes