Relationships

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Relationships

Postby Pastor on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Relationships
If EVER there was a “sign of the cross”, this is it:
(Hand & arm vertical)
Matthew 22:36-40 New King James Version (NKJV)
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment.
(Hand & arm horizontal)
39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Jesus didn't died for a RELIGION, He died to have a RELATIONSHIP
TODAY’S message is called “Relationships” .. we can learn a TON from God’s “Manufacturer’s Handbook” (The Bible) about having VERY successful relationships .. (Heaven on Earth),
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
PROOF that we can have “Heavenly Relationships”?
The Lord’s Prayer ..
Matt 6:9-13 KJV
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

NOW, please, this ALL IMPORTANT understanding of God’s Covenant (the NEW Covenant) with us:
Dwight helped me to get this very clear in my mind one day. He said, “What’s the New Covenant?”
It’s Hebrews 8:10 (memorize …)
But we are going to get a running start …
Hebrews 8:6-12 NIVUK
6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said[b]:
‘The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbours,
or say to one another, “Know the Lord,”
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.’[c]
GOD wants a RELATIONSHIP with us :D
Need any further proof? I have just the thing :D
Revelation 21 New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
21 Then I saw ‘a new heaven and a new earth,’[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Look! God’s dwelling-place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death”[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.’
WOW .. that sounds like a GREAT RELATIONSHIP to me !! :D :D :D

Husband/Wife
Eph 5:22 NIVUK
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
What does that work SUBMIT mean (It has caused a WOLRD of trouble for women down through the ages.
OK, look at the verse before:
Eph 5:21 NIVUK
21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. SAME Greek word .. think about that for a second …
The Greek word LITERALLY says to put under .. Have you ever put a rock or a table under something to support it? SAME THING .. we are to support EACH OTHER .. Wives SUPPORT your husbands .. SUPPORT one another (Same Word) :D :D :D OK?
I have many other GREAT RELATIONSHIPS to teach on, so I won’t do a Marriage Seminar right here, but I HIGHLY recommend the book, “Love And Respect” with the accompanying workbook. I usually buy mine on Amazon “Used – Very Good” if I can get it. Let me know if you want one and I will even get it for you !!
Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
by Emerson Eggerichs
OK .. teaching on “RELATIONSHIPS” today :D
Everybody say Koinonia
Koinonia is something VERY special .. and we HAVE IT here at Heart :D
Acts 2:36-47 NIVUK
36 ‘Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.’
37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what shall we do?’
38 Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off – for all whom the Lord our God will call.’
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, ‘Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.’ 41 Those who accepted his message were baptised, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
The fellowship of the believers
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship (Koinonia), to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favour of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Panent/Child Relationship – the Bible speaks to parents AND to children .. Proverbs tells use that mischief IS in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction wil drive it out of him (rod of correction = to branch off – not 2 x 4 with a nail). Proverbs ALSO says that a child left to raise himself will bring his mother/father shame.
Famed child psychologist Dr. James Dobson
“when you are raising your children .. 1,3,5,10, 16, 21, 25
Kiddo, lemme tell you something .. even though I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE TRYING to break away from your Mum and Dad and be independent and your own adult (i understand that, I do ... but your Mum and Dad have already done what you are just doing now and you would BeN -I - FiT from hearing their wisdom on MANY THINGS. I went through that with my folks, I pulled away and tried to do everything MY WAY .. but after getting married and having kids, I realized, MOM & DAD HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH IN THESE LAST COUPLD YEARS !!! (Yea right) .. I realized they had information about like that I NEEDED .. In Proverbs it says a wise man learns from his experience, but a WISER man learns from the experiences of others :D (Talk to the man in the hospital who jumped off a cliff – he will tell you the flight was exhilarating, but the sudden stop at the end was a bummer).

Boy/Girl Relationships .. I want to make this point strong (like my coffee)
1 Timothy 5:1-2 New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
5 Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, 2 older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.
I REALLY mean this .. I have had to WARN young Christian women going out on dates with “Christian” men .. VERY many times, the young “Christian” men were only after ONE THING and THAT SHOULD NOT BE SO !!
Jesus said “Love your neighbor as yourself”
Luke 10:25-37 NIVUK
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. ‘Teacher,’ he asked, ‘what must I do to inherit eternal life?’
26 ‘What is written in the Law?’ he replied. ‘How do you read it?’
27 He answered, ‘“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind”[c]; and, “Love your neighbour as yourself.”[d]’
28 ‘You have answered correctly,’ Jesus replied. ‘Do this and you will live.’
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, ‘And who is my neighbour?’
30 In reply Jesus said: ‘A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half-dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he travelled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. “Look after him,” he said, “and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.”
36 ‘Which of these three do you think was a neighbour to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?’
37 The expert in the law replied, ‘The one who had mercy on him.’
Jesus told him, ‘Go and do likewise.’

LASTLY, I want you to know that Jesus didn't died for a RELIGION, He died to have a RELATIONSHIP with you .. do you have a relationship with JESUS??

Salvation Prayer
HEAVENLY Father .. I BELIEVE YOU SENT JESUS TO DIE ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS .. I BELIEVE HE WAS BURIED AND RAISED FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SALVATION .. Jesus, I OPEN THE DOOR OF MY LIFE AND RECEIVE YOU AS MY SAVIOR AND LORD. I TRUST YOU NOW TO FORGIVE MY SINS AND GIVE ME ETERNAL LIFE. PLEASE MAKE ME THE KIND OF PERSON YOU WANT ME TO BE.
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes