Instructions About The Demonic

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Postby Pastor on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:52 am

I didn't know what else to call this. Its not a COMPLETE teaching on the demonic, but I know the Holy Spirit wants me to teach THIS MUCH because He knows SO MANY of you NEED this today !!

Favorite lies from the demonic. You're all alone nobody cares about you. ITS A LIE !!
What does the Bible have to say about that?
You are not alone! I will never leave you. I Am With You Always even to the ends of the Earth.
This makes it come as a surprise to some. But the devil, Lucifer, Satan, etc is Alive and Well on the planet.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 Modern English Version (MEV)
3 But if our gospel is hidden, it is hidden to those who are lost. 4 The god of this world (Greek - aion - age) has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

I would rather talk about God as talk about the devil, but once in awhile we need to. The Bible says we are not ignorant of his devices. But, somehow we as people forget from time to time the truth that he is behind a lot of the things that are going on in the earth and in your life. So what do you do about it?
Satan and his hordes of demonic forces love to be talked about his non-existent. He's just a cartoon character, he's red with a pitchfork. Keith Green wrote a song saying they don't believe in me anymore and he sang it is if the devil was really really joyful :-)
The truth is he exists and he is working against you and against the kingdom of God. He couldn't destroy God, so he works to destroy the image of God.
We need to all get the Revelation that if we do not walk in God's ways and God's word he is there and he will pour gas on your fire. He is more than happy to help you steal and kill and destroy and go off on a tangent and go off on a rant and lose control and hurt people.

God is love and so has when preacher put it one time, one step away from love is one step into the darkness and demonic.

1 John 4:7-8 King James Version (KJV)
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Now, most Christians don't realize that we Christians have power over the demonic, and we can do something about it.
One thing that Jim pointed out to me is that Jesus didn't ALWAYS cast out Satan himself .. MANY more times, Jesus cast out a lower demonic spirit: Two verses ..
For we wrestle not Eph 6:10-18 NKJV
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Mark 16:17 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe: In My name shall they cast out DEVILS; they shall speak with new tongues;

G1140
δαιμόνιον
daimonion
dahee-mon'-ee-on
Neuter of a derivative of G1142; a daemonic being;

Also, VERY important! Just like Jesus, you don't always cast out Satan himself .. you will NORMALLY be casting out demons. Unfortunately, a LOT of the translations say cast out devils, when the work is demons or spirits.

It would be TOTALLY worth your while to look up the work devil in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the Greek as I did .. THERE you will see when Jesus was casting our the Devil or a demon.
Sometimes in the bible, the demonic force working against you is called "the enemy".

Luke 10:17-20 KJV
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils (Greek - daimonion - demon) are subject unto us through thy name.
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan (Greek - Satanas -Satan) as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy (Greek - echthros - hated enemy): and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits (Greek - pneuma -spirits) are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Now, once we realize that the enemy is doing something, we don't just have to put up with it!
First of all, YOU have authority to control your thoughts in Jesus' Name.

2 Cor 10:3-5 NKJV
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

YOU have to stop bad thoughts in your mind and you do it by saying out loud (if you are alone), "Thought, I cast you down, I bring you into captivity in Jesus' Name!"
I have had to do it several times sometimes, but the thoughts DID stop. It is said, "You can't stop the birds from flying over your head, but you CAN stop them from making nests in your hair!"
I STILL have to do that, does anyone else still have to do that?
THAT IS ONE OF THE WAYS YOU RESIST THE ENEMY!! :D :D :D
Your MOUTH, full of the WORD OF GOD is a SPIRITUAL WEAPON .. We don't resist the enemy with guns and swords, we resist hime the SAME WAY JESUS DID - with WORDS !!

Matt 4:1-11 NIVUK Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a]by the devil. 2 After fasting for forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, ‘If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.’
4 Jesus answered (Said to the devil), ‘It is written: “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”[b]’
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the highest point of the temple. 6 ‘If you are the Son of God,’ he said, ‘throw yourself down. For it is written:
‘“He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”[c]’
7 Jesus answered him (Said to the devil), ‘It is also written: “Do not put the Lord your God to the test.”[d]’
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour. 9 ‘All this I will give you,’ he said, ‘if you will bow down and worship me.’
10 Jesus said to him (Said to the devil), , ‘Away from me, Satan! For it is written: “Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”[e]’
11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
So, when you THINK the things that God wants you to think ..
And when you SAY the things that God wants you to say ..
It CHANGES your life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What things SHOULD you be thinking (in order to please God)?

Phil 4:8 NIVUK
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.
SO, remember that Satan is a liar .. his demon forces are liars .. and ANY TIME you hear something that is DISCOURAGING, or steals your HOPE, or PUTS YOU DOWN - REALIZE that it is a LIE and MUST be cast down!!!
John 10:10 (think .. do you know this verse)? NIVUK
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

So, when you hear things that steal kill and destroy, REALIZE that they are lies!! DON'T BELIEVE THEM!

Do you ever hear, "You're no good?" DON'T BELIEVE IT!!
Believe what the Bible says about you :D

What does the Bible say about you?
• I am a child of God.
But to all who have received him--those who believe in his name--he has given the right to become God's children … (John 1:12).

• God loves me and has chosen me.
We know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you … (1 Thessalonians 1:4).

• I am a new creature in Christ.
So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away--look, what is new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17)!

• I have become the righteousness of God in Christ.
God made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

• I am a friend of Jesus.
I no longer call you slaves, because the slave does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have revealed to you everything I heard from my Father (John 15:15).

• As a child of God, I am a fellow heir with Christ.
And if children, then heirs (namely, heirs of God and also fellow heirs with Christ)--if indeed we suffer with him so we may also be glorified with him (Romans 8:17).

• I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Jesus.
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7).

• I have been set free in Christ.
For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).

• I am God’s workmanship created to produce good works.
For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them (Ephesians 2:10).

• I have been made complete in Christ.
… You have been filled in him, who is the head over every ruler and authority (Colossians 2:10).

• I have been raised up with Christ.
Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God (Colossians 3:1).

• I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved.
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with a heart of mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience … (Colossians 3:12).

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
THESE are the TRUTHS, DON'T BELIEVE the lies !!

Got this? You are valuable, you are precious, God LOVES you and He's got a good plan for your life :D

So, among the weapons of our warfare are PRAISE & WORSHIP, THE NAME OF JESUS, PRAYER IN JESUS' NAME, CASTING DOWN EVIL THOUGHTS, OUR MOUTH FILLED WITH THE WORD OF GOD, You have these weapons, now USE them and your life will be better !! :D :D :D
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes