The Blessings Of Abraham

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

The Blessings Of Abraham

Postby Pastor on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 am

The Blessings Of Abraham

Not too many weeks back, I taught on Gal 3:13 .. a POWERFUL revelation of what Jesus did for us .. but what I DIDN’T do is go on to the NEXT verse which is POWERFUL as well !!!

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.’[h] 14 He redeemed (why) us in order that the blessings given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
OK, here is a HUGE statement .. Even though God’s LOVE is UNCONDITIONAL, His covenants ARE conditional!!

(Don’t worry, this is not a bad thing, but it IS a THING!!)

Frances Hunter Wrote a book called “God’s Big If’ which TOTALLY applies here:
These GREAT TRUTHS that I am teaching from the Bible will NOT come to you without FAITH:
EVEN THOUGH JESUS ALREADY PURCHASED OUR SALVATION AND HEALING< PROVISION AND DELIVERANCE< YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO RECEIVE IT!!

Look again at the verse AFTER Galatians 3:13

14 He redeemed (why) us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by FAITH we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

I have NOT 2, but 4 verses that will CLEARLY illustrate this IMPORTANT point !

1) If you hearken diligently to observe and DO
DEUTERONOMY 28:1-2

KJ21“And it shall come to pass, IF (if you don’t go home and DO this stuff, you WON’T get the blessings) IF thou shall hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth; 2 and all these blessings shall come on thee and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God:

2) Be does of the Word and not hearers only
James 1New Living Translation (NLT)
1 This letter is from James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am writing to the “twelve tribes”—Jewish believers scattered abroad.
Greetings!
2 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must DO what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. 23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
3) You are my friends if you keep my commandments
John 15 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;[a] and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
4) Faith & Patience
Hebrews 6:12 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
12 (don’t) become lazy but .. be imitators of those who inherit the promises through faith and perseverance.
OK, another GREAT LIST of the Blessings of Abraham (which are yours when you meet the conditions (Jesus already did His part, now its time you do YOUR part):
Deuteronomy 28 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
28 “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth;
2 and all these blessings shall come on thee and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God:
3 “Blessed shalt thou be in the city (I am blessed in the city – say it with me), and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy herds, the increase of thy cattle, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy stores.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7 “The LORD shall cause thine enemies who rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face; they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8 “The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and He shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9 “The LORD shall establish thee a holy people unto Himself, as He hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God and walk in His ways.
10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD, and they shall be afraid of thee.
11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers to give thee.
12 The LORD shall open unto thee His good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand; and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath, if thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.
14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

And FINALLY, do NOT forget the lessons we have learned from Proverbs and Mark 11:23-24, Faith BEGINS with the WORDS of our mouth and is FOLLOWED UP with corresponding ACTIONS (In the biography of Smith Wigglesworth, his daughter reported that her father [an Englishman] would often walk back and forth across the stage declaring, “Faith is a hack, faith is a hack” which what he was saying in good old USA English was, ”Faith is an ACT, Faith is an ACT!”)

You NEED to SPEAK these truths to your body, you NEED to SPEAK these truths to your life’s situations after you hear these words from God and DRINK them in and allow His truths to get DEEP within your spirit ..

DAVID INGLES SONG LYRICS
https://www.davidinglesmusic.org/listen-to-music

THE SEED OF ABRAHAM
COPYRIGHT 1976 David Ingles Music SESAC

Lift up your eyes and look
From the place where you now stand
North south east and west
I'll give you all the land
To thy seed forever
God promised Abraham
I will make thy faith seed
Number as the sand