Work Out Your Salvation

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Work Out Your Salvation

Postby Pastor on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Work Out Your Salvation

Let’s take a look at the 103rd psalm in the Old Testament, it shows God’s desire for mankind. He loves us and wants us to have ALL the benefits that come with LOVING and BELIEVING on Him:

Psalms 103:1. Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2. Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not ALL His benefits:
3. Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
4. Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5. Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6. The Lord executes righteousness And justice for all who are oppressed.
The Bible says He heals & You ARE healed by the strips of Jesus
The Bible says you have been delivered and REDEEMED from the curse of the law
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

HOW DO WE OBTAIN THESE TRUTHS????????????

Philippians 2 New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfil his good purpose.
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing,

We are ALL a work in progress so what does it MEAN to WORK OUT your salvation? (I use this scripture loosely, but the principal is found throughout the Bible).
Hear it is .. get it IN you, then work it from the INSIDE to the OUTSIDE .. first of all, get it in where?

1 PETER 3:4

KJ21
but let it be the HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which in the sight of God is of great price.
ASV
but let it be THE HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART, in the incorruptible apparel of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

"Hidden man of the Heart." We have found the secret that the psychologists long have sought. It is "the inward man"; it is the Recreated spirit; it is the part of man with which God deals.

Proverbs 20:27 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD,
Searching all the inner depths of his heart.[a]
Footnotes:
a. Proverbs 20:27 Literally the rooms of the belly

PROVERBS 20:27

KJ21
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of his being.

So HOW do we get the truth of the Word of God “in our belly”?

#1 Hear ..

LUKE 5:15 ASV
But so much the more went abroad the report concerning him: and great multitudes came together TO HEAR, AND TO BE HEALED of their infirmities.

Proverbs 4:20-22 NKJV
20 My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;
22 For they are life to those who find them,
And health to all their flesh.

#2 Believe – when you believe your “conversation” changes .. When it says conversation in the KJV, it means your way of life .. how you think, how you speak AND how you act

The prison doors are open
Acts 16:23-32 KJV
23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

David Ingles, “You Are Free”
DAVID INGLES SONG LYRICS

YOU ARE FREE
COPYRIGHT 1976 David Ingles Music SESAC

You came here imprisoned and in bondage
You're not lost, but not entirely free
God has placed in me His words of wisdom
Appointed unto me authority
You may be a soul compared to Lazarus
Raised from death in grave clothes wrapped about
Waiting for the words of power and freedom
Listen and be loosed from fear and doubt

You are free! You are free!
Raised from death, delivered, free indeed
The prison doors are open
And your bands are loosed
Start making plans, believing you receive
Now you know the truth and you are free

What victorious Christians .. God will do the same .. if we act the same 

#3 Speak
Conversation (Say it & Do it)

Deep waters
PROVERBS 20:5 AMPC
Counsel in the heart of man is like water in a deep well, but a man of understanding draws it out. (Author’s note: How?)

PROVERBS 18:4 ASV
The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters; The wellspring of wisdom is as a flowing brook.

WORDS are containers WORDS can dip deep into the well within you THAT is why I love to speak and pray in tongues a lot!
(Jesus said, My words are spirit and they are life)

Dr. Lilian B. Yeoman’s testimony - Miss Yeomans was a medical doctor (a graduate of the University of Michigan) who received complete deliverance from sickness and drug addiction by the power of God. She left the medical profession to become an itinerant teacher spreading the message of salvation and divine healing. Here is a quote from her teaching on Mark 11:22:
"But," someone asks, "Is it possible to 'consider not your own body' when it so unpleasantly, even painfully, obtrudes itself upon your notice?"
Yes; it is gloriously possible, for the God of Abraham is our God. As we unflinchingly take our stand on the naked promise, there springs up within us the "faith of God" (Mark 11:22, margin) which makes walking on the water a delight, and swinging out over the aching void with nothing beneath us but His Word, heavenly bliss. Hallelujah!!![21]
Dr. Yeomans and her sister bought a large home with money they had inherited. This house was designed as a "faith home" similar to the one run by Carrie Judd Montgomery, with whom Dr. Yeomans had a long-standing relationship. They would read scriptures on healing to the sick, and would tell them to speak these scriptures over themselves. Their goal was infuse people with the knowledge that God still heals today. They had some very remarkable healings.
OK .. HERE are the words of healing that you need to get INSIDE you, then believe and work out to the outside of you (your body):

Matthew 8:17 (NIV)
17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases."

1 Pet 2:24 (NIV)
24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Gal 3:13-14 (KJV)
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Acts 10:38 (NKJ)
38 "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
1 Thessalonians 5:16-25 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole SPIRIT, SOUL & BODY be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
25 Brethren, pray for us.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes