Give Your Way To Increase

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Postby Pastor on Fri May 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Notice the offering is OVER (and I am NOT going to take a second and third offering like others have done).
He is the TRUTH that MOST CHRISTIANS don’t understand:
If you GIVE, you WILL receive!

Let me PROVE it to you !!

Phil 4:13-20 ERV
13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.
14 But it was good that you helped me when I needed help. 15 You people in Philippi remember when I first told the Good News there. When I left Macedonia, you were the only church that gave me help. 16 Several times you sent me things I needed when I was in Thessalonica. 17 Really, it is not that I want to get gifts from you. But I want you to have the benefit that comes from giving. 18 I have everything I need. I have even more than I need. I have all I need because Epaphroditus brought your gift to me. Your gift is like a sweet-smelling sacrifice offered to God. God accepts that sacrifice and it pleases him. 19 My God will use his glorious riches to give you everything you need. He will do this through Christ Jesus. 20 Glory to our God and Father forever and ever. Amen.

I got this Sermon around Tuesday .. on Wednesday, I heard about THIS BOOK .. I ordered it .. it came on Thursday .. coincidence?
I listened to an interview with David Green this week. He said the TURNING point for his business was when God told him to give $30,000 to ministry. He could BARELY afford it, but after he did, their business grew EXPONENTIALLY. They have 780 stores now and are going for 1200 in the next couple of years. He is a billionaire and shares how he GOT there in his new book. “Giving It All Away .. And Getting It All Back Again” .. I recommend it :D
“"Can we teach our children that giving to God's causes is really, in His eyes, the key to success both large and small?"” Said the founder of Hobby Lobby, David Green
Do your own research .. read the stories of people whose names are now household names .. Colgate, Craft. You will find that after they worked very hard and got their first riches, they started giving to causes .. and THAT’S when they became ULTRA rich!!

Let’s look at some relevant scriptures:
Proverbs 11:25 New King James Version (NKJV)
25 The generous soul will be made rich,
And he who waters will also be watered himself.

John 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Luke 6:38 New King James Version (NKJV)
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now for the second part of this teaching, let me shift gears.
This is not a “prosperity gospel”. The INTENT of the heart in all of this is NOT for YOU to get rich .. it is so that YOU will be able to GIVE and help MORE !! There are ministries that need funding, there are Angel Houses to be built so MORE children can be taught about Jesus and escape sex trafficking, there are missionaries that need support, there is a “Museum of the Bible” that needs to be built in Washington DC, etc.

The man who wrote “Courageous”, Randy Alcorn wrote this: “Many [Western Christians] habitually think and act as if there is no eternity. . . . We major in the momentary and minor in the momentous.”
ALSO:
“Giving jump starts our relationship with God. It opens our fists so we can receive what God has for us. ”
― Randy Alcorn
“God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.”
― Randy Alcorn
“God comes right out and tells us why he gives us more money than we need. It's not so we can find more ways to spend it. It's not so we can indulge ourselves and spoil our children. It's not so we can insulate ourselves from needing God's provision. It's so we can give and give generously (2 Corinthians 9:11)”
― Randy Alcorn, Money, Possessions and Eternity

2 Corinthians 9:6-15 New International Version (NIV)
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written:
“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
and their righteousness endures forever.”[a]
10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OK..lets change directions one more time .. how to make this PRACTICAL:

I have said it before and I will say it again .. in 35 years, the people who tithe in this church have NEVER come me and said, I need money for …”
As your pastor, I encourage those who don’t tithe yet to INCREASE what you give by $10 or $20 a week and just SEE if God doesn’t give you MORE back !!

Prove God..
Mal 3:8-12 NIV
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.

Understand that generosity is eternal.

Luke 12:33-34 says, “Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be” (NLT).

Invest your life in giving, and you’ll not only see the benefits for years to come — your generosity will also be rewarded in the afterlife.
You can be generous without being wealthy.
When Jesus saw well-off people giving big offerings and an impoverished woman making a miniscule offering (Luke 21:3-4), He told His friends, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on” (NIV).

Truly generous people don’t let their own “lack” keep them from living a life of generosity.

Sometimes money isn’t what we’re called to give. It’s amazing to see how God can work through people in ways that don’t involve money at all.
Even when you’re in financially tough times, you can be generous in giving of your time and talents.
Perhaps you’ll be called on to utilize your carpentry skills to help fix up a family’s home after a strong windstorm. Or babysit for a single mom who has a job interview.

Generosity is often expressed in small gestures that might seem less than critical at the time, but can make a beautiful difference in someone’s life.
I have given 2 cars .. so far, I have been GIVEN 3 cars (each better than I gave).

Last verse:
2 Corinthians 9:6 New International Version (NIV)
Generosity Encouraged
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

DARE to step and believe and LIVE THIS and GET IN THE FLOW .. its how it WORKS – it will benefit YOU, your FAMILY, your CHURCH and EVERYONE that you GIVE to!!
Finally, THIS is the message that I hear the Holy Spirit is trying to convey:
Titanic
Jesus did it ALL .. but YOU have to believe it and act like it is so .. YOU have to come to the table. If you believe and do what our God tells us in His Work, the SKY is the limit!! :D
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes