The Manufacturer’s Handbook

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

Postby Pastor on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:12 am

Everything that is made has a manufacturer . .
Who made you?
The manufacturer knows how you operate properly . .
Do things according to how the manufacturers handbook specifies and you work GREAT.

Do things your OWN way without reading the instructions (has anybody ever done that?) and things don’t work so well.

First of all, you are Handmade … Genesis 1:14-26 NKJV

14 Then God said, “LET THERE BE LIGHTS IN THE FIRMAMENT OF THE HEAVENS to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 Then God said, “LET THE EARTH BRING FORTH the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, “LET US MAKE MAN in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[b] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

One more WONDERFUL verse (we talked about it Wednesday Night):
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, (to make, [His] product, [His] MASTERPIECE)

So GOD MADE us and he CERTAINLY knows how we work, what we need, how to repair us, etc.
ANOTHER name for the Manufacturer’s Handbook … B.I.B.L.E …
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here’s how I got to know the Bible – you can do it, too!!

#1) I STUDIED the Bible – YOU NEED to study the Bible
2 Tim 2:15 AMP
Study (make effort and be DILIGENT to study)
and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved, a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing and skillfully teaching the Word of Truth.

Ways to STUDY the Bible .. one way that worked GREAT for me ..
Bible Pathways .. A portion of the Bible to read .. the Key verse .. commentary .. Joyce Meyer has STUDY Bible out, I have 3 copies of the Thompson Chain Reference Bible in the office (let me know if you want one) – I will GIVE them who want to study SERIOUSLY.
Next I got the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible – understand that the New Testament was written in Greek and the OT in Hebrew – even if you don’t KNOW those languages, you can look up EVERY WORD of the Bible and through a NUMBER system go back and see the ORIGINAL WORD and its MEANING.

Its all GREEK to me . . . get the MySword App .. right now ..

Another way that worked great for me .. Proverbs .. each day read the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with today’s date:

Proverbs 5 New Living Translation (NLT)

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom;
listen carefully to my wise counsel.
2 Then you will show discernment,
and your lips will express what you’ve learned.
3 For the lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey,
and her mouth is smoother than oil.
4 But in the end she is as bitter as poison,
as dangerous as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.[a]
6 For she cares nothing about the path to life.
She staggers down a crooked trail and doesn’t realize it.
7 So now, my sons, listen to me.
Never stray from what I am about to say:
8 Stay away from her! Don’t go near the door of her house!
9 If you do, you will lose your honor
and will lose to merciless people all you have achieved.
10 Strangers will consume your wealth,
and someone else will enjoy the fruit of your labor.
11 In the end you will groan in anguish
when disease consumes your body.
12 You will say, “How I hated discipline!
If only I had not ignored all the warnings!
13 Oh, why didn’t I listen to my teachers?
Why didn’t I pay attention to my instructors?
14 I have come to the brink of utter ruin,
and now I must face public disgrace.” . . .

#1 way to KNOW God’s Word is to STUDY it (that’s what God led ME to do ..)
#2 way to know the book – GET UNDER THE TEACHING AND MINISTRY OF THE 5 FOLD MINISTRY GIFTS:
Eph 4:11-15 NKJV
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ

Jer 3:15 GNV
And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

#3 way to learn the Manufacturer’s Handbook – Be FILLED with the Holy Spirit – He wrote it and HE has to keys to understanding it :D

2 Pet 1:21 GNV
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the holy Ghost.

All scripture is God Breathed
2 Tim 3:16 AMPC
Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),

1 John 2:20 & 27
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.[d]
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will[e] abide in Him.

2 Peter 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
1 Simeon[a] Peter, a servant[b] and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to[c] his own glory and excellence,[d] 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue,[e] and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities[f] are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brothers,[g] be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

FINALLY:
Mark 4:13-20 ESV
13 And he said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word that is sown in them. 16 And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: the ones who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy. 17 And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.[a] 18 And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word, 19 but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 20 But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes