GOD lives in ME

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

GOD lives in ME

Postby Pastor on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Incarnate

GOD lives in ME

Gabriel - Mary
Luke 1:26-38 NIV
26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31 You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."
34 "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. 37 For nothing is impossible with God."
38 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

God Incarnate:

Merriam - Webster
Definition of INCARNATE
1a : invested with bodily and especially human nature and form

Dictionary.com
adjective
embodied in flesh; given a bodily, especially a human, form:

Born Again
1 Peter 1:23-25 NIV
23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Remember when the Bible said, "The Word became FLESH and dwelled among you." Well, the Word became FLESH in YOU and the Word is dwelling IN YOU and walking around ...

God lives in me :D

One Spirit:
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit
1 Cor 6:15-20 NASU
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH." 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

I have told the story before, but for the new folks . . .
"I thought that was just me."

John 14:15-17 KJV
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another (what does your translation say?) Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

NOW back up to John 14:8 Jesus said "The works
John 14:8-14 NKJV
8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Now listen to this .. since God lives in us, we can SPEAK for Him (prophecy)

Temple of God . . .
2 Cor 6:11-18 NIV
11 We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. 12 We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. 13 As a fair exchange — I speak as to my children — open wide your hearts also.
(DON'T READ THIS VERSE IN THE KING JAMES)
14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
17 "Therefore come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty."

This is why through the years I have learned to listen to my heart! We say things like God spoke to me, but its really not so much a voice, but its just knowing something inside .. the Bible calls it a LEADING.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HOW CAN JESUS LIVE IN ME .. SEVEN SPIRITS

Rev 1:1-6 NIV
1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw — that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
4 John,
To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father — to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

ALLOW me to quote from a previous sermon called "The Seven Spirits Of God"

The Seven Spirits Of God

Dan, could you come and be a wonderful example to the congregation?

This is Elder Dan .. Dan the elder (1)…

Wait a minute .. WAIT JUST A MINUTE ... I saw a guy a guy on Face book that looked JUST LIKE Elder Dan .. let’s see .. Oh YEAH .. it was a guy that looked just like Elder Dan dancing with his daughter Dana at her wedding .. oh, it was a SWEET picture .. but that was not Elder Dan, that was Dan the father (2)…

Dan the Husband (3)…

Dan the High Mucky Muck at GM (4)…

Wait .. I believe Dan had something in his wallet .. something about instructor … Dan the _________(5)

Now last week, Dan was invited to a music festival somewhere .. you Dan’ Dan likes a certain color of grass .. pink grass, green grass .. ah .. BLUE grass .. Dan the Harpist (6)

Something really wonderful recently happened to Dan (you are a very BLESSED man) . his other married daughter and son-in-law had something ..
Grampa Dan (7)

OK, this explains how there is just ONE Dan, or just ONE Holy Spirit, but He has SEVERAL functions . . .

1. The Spirit of Christ –

2. The Spirit of Wisdom, Counsel and Truth

3. The Spirit of Intercession (Grace & Supplication) –

4. The Spirit of Power & Might –

5. The Spirit of Adoption –

6. The Spirit of Prophecy –

7. The Spirit Of Life

^^^^^^^^^^
Rom 8:9-11 NIV
9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the SPIRIT OF CHRIST, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOW, how is this all PRACTICAL for ME?

Easy,
1) He LIVES in you .. you should be able to HEAR Him.

2) He lives in you and wants to LOVE people THROUGH YOU

3) He lives in you, so when you lay hands on people in Jesus' Name, His power will flow out from inside you

4) He lives in you and He wants to speak through you in prophecy and in words of comfort, love, and salvation
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes