When STUFF Happens

Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

When STUFF Happens

Postby Pastor on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

When STUFF Happens

I wanted this sermon to be called "Nothing Just Happens'. I worked on it off and on for days. The Holy Spirit kept stopping me. He woke me at 3:30 last night and it took hours to hear and to understand. FINALLY, He gave me the much LARGER reality .. wanna hear it?

When STUFF Happens, there are there 4 reasons (could be more, but these are what I see :D

1). Time and chance happen to everyone.

Eccl 9:11 NKJV
I returned and saw under the sun that— The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.

Best example? Baseball !!

Number 2 reason When STUFF Happens, sometimes its . . .

2). You and FAITH (or lack of it)

Proverbs OFTEN says, if you do THIS, this will happen, but if you do THAT, that will happen. Who is the SUBJECT in those statements .. YOU !!

Deuteronomy 28 New King James Version (NKJV)
Blessings on Obedience
28 “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God:
3 “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
4 “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
5 “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
Skip to:

Curses on Disobedience
15 “But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:
16 “Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the country.
17 “Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
18 “Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
19 “Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When STUFF Happens, sometimes its . . .

3). An ATTACK of Satan or his demonic forces.

Ephesians 6:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 For we do not WRESTLE (everybody say WRESTLE) against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Carrie's Theology . . .

Does God cause EVERYTHING to happen?? NO

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was (bad?) good, and he separated the light from the darkness.5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Skip to:

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was (awful) good.
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was (terrible) good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

Skip to:

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was (annoying) good.

Skip to:

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was (extremely bad) very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

DON'T FORGET, the BAD came when Satan temped and the people's choice was WRONG!!

So what does GOD do??

Romans 8:28 CJB
Furthermore, we know that God CAUSES EVERYTHING TO WORK TOGETHER for the good of those who love God and are called in accordance with his purpose;

When STUFF Happens, sometimes its . . .

4). Our WONDERFUL God Intervening .. I don't believe in coincidences .. its WAY bigger than that .. its God LOVING US and He is at WORK in our lives in the HOT and NOW!!

The steps of a GOOD and RIGHTEOUS man (the Hebrew word is MIGHTY man) are ordered by the Lord!

Ps 37:23 AMP
The steps of a [good and righteous] man are directed and established by the LORD, And He delights in his way [and blesses his path].

Maybe go into the GOODNESS of God ...

In conclusion, I believe it is IMPERATIVE that we understand what the Bible has to say about these things .. People's FAITH is affected by these things ..

When you read in a contract, "Floods, fires, earthquakes and other ACTS OF GOD" They CLEARLY don't understand the nature of reality ..

and ..

When people say, "That's the PLAN OF GOD for your life ..." NO, SURELY they don't understand the GOODNESS and the watchfulness working of God

God is always at work ...

1) When time or chance happen to you, He LOVES you and He's WORKING . . .

2) When you make GOOD or BAD decisions, He LOVES you and He's WORKING . . .

3) When you are ATTACKED, He LOVES you and He's WORKING . . . LOOK for it :D

LOOK for the GOODNESS of God .. LOOK for Him WORKING .. LOOK for His LOVE .. the world calls it COINCIDENCE .. I call it LOVE !!

Sometimes when you want to go somewhere .. even the store .. its the Holy Spirit leading you .. LOOK for Him working when you are there .. follow the urges to turn down this isle or pick that isle to check out .. you will ,meet people .. start conversations with them .. God LOVES them ..

Linda and I HAPPENED to go to Meijers a few months ago .. of all the checkout lanes, we HAPPENED to pick the one that Hilary was working .. we HAPPENED to say something about God or church or something (maybe it was our response to "How and you and we said Blessed" .. we happened to start a friendship .. we HAPPENED to stay in contact .. she HAPPENED to ask me to do her wedding .. she HAPPENS to really like the church .. her husband Matt HAPPENED to pray and receive the Lord ..

Patty Matthews and Linda JUST HAPPENED to both work at Lifetime Fitness a few years back. They just HAPPENED to become friends .. Patty just HAPPENED to invite Linda to come to her church “Heart of the Hills” (or “Heart” as we call it). Linda HAPPENED to say yes .. Linda HAPPENED to like it a joined in and HAPPENED to become faithful in the Singers and volunteering to clean the church and serve at church functions .. after I lost my wife of 27 years, I HAPPENED to be on a cruise ship when God HAPPENED to speak to me about her and put a LOVE for her in my heart (I was NOT going to date again, and God KNEW it) .. I just HAPPENED to invite her out for coffee .. she just HAPPENED to accept .. I just HAPPENED to ask if she was seeing anyone .. she just HAPPENED to say, “Oh yeah, they’re lined up out the door, can’t you see them? TAKE A NUMBER.” .. I just HAPPENED to find that delightful .. then she just HAPPENED to realize what I was asking her so she just HAPPENED to say, “But you’re my Pastor” .. I just HAPPENED to say, “I’m a man first” and that just HAPPENED to be our first date J

I don't believe in "coincidences". I believe at those times we see that "God is at work showing us He LOVES us and WATCHES OVER US !!

So BELIEVE God is leading you and walk by FAITH and THANK HIM when you see His LOVE.
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes