Sermon notes from the desk of Pastor Rob Fisk

What 2017 Will Bring

Postby Pastor on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:16 am

In 2017 The Holy Spirit Will Move Just Like In The Book Of Acts

Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV
18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me reiterate the nature of Jesus:
Old Testament
Isaiah 42 New International Version (NIV)
The Servant of the LORD
42 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.
3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”

New Testament
Matthew 12 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath
12 At that time Jesus went through the grain fields
. on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.”
3 He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? 6 I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’[a]you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”
9 Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10 and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to bring charges against Jesus, they asked him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”
11 He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”
13 Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.
15 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. 16 He warned them not to tell others about him. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
18 “Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
19 He will not quarrel or cry out;
no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory.
21 In his name the nations will put their hope.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Holy Spirit:

Tongues is going to be VERY important in 2017

Pastor's daughter

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are going to be VERY important in 2017

Jesus emptied Himself - SO IMPORTANT - "but that was Jesus"

Phil 2:5-11 NIVUK
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing (emptied Himself)
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death –
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

The GIFTS of the HOLY SPIRIT will be EVIDENT in 2017 !!

1 Cor 12:7-11 KJV
7 To each (one) is given the manifestation (working) of the Spirit for the common good.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom (Jesus had a Word of Wisdom when the disciples said to Him, Wow, look at all these great buildings and He said to them, There will not be left even ONE stone on top of one another. You can too as the Spirit wills); to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit (Jesus has a Word of Knowledge when the Pharisees were looking narrowly upon Him to see if He would heal on the Sabbath Day. He knew the anger in their hearts and their plot to kill Him and He healed the man with the withered hand ANYWAY You can too as the Spirit wills);
9 To another faith by the same Spirit (Jesus experienced the Gift of Faith when He was ASLEEP in the boat when it was in trouble in the sea You can too as the Spirit wills); to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit (MANY times Jesus experienced the Gifts of Healing as He laid hands on people and they were healed You can too as the Spirit wills);
10 To another the working of miracles (After the disciples woke Jesus up, He experienced the Working of Miracles when He rebuked the wind and waves and it became calm You can too as the Spirit wills); to another prophecy (Jesus experienced the Gift of Prophecy when He told the disciples that He would be crucified, buried and resurrected You can too as the Spirit wills); to another discerning of spirits (Jesus experienced the discerning of Spirits when Peter said to Him basically don't go to the Cross. Jesus discerned that it was Satan speaking through Peter and Jesus rebuked Satan You can too as the Spirit wills); to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Jude 20 KJV
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

THAT is what the Holy Spirit is going to do in YOU and with YOU in 2017!!! Expect it .. BELIEVE it .. receive it by faith .. walk in it !!
Pastor

Return to Sermon Notes